"In this age of communication, there is nothing that prepares you better for work and life, than high school Speech."
~Oprah Winfrey, former State Speech Champion
SPEECH IS FOR EVERYONE!
Speech is for...
...people who want to entertain others and make them laugh!
...people who want to be more outgoing!
...people who want to get skills that will ready them for college!
...people who love competition!
...people who want to share their ideas and opinions!
...people who enjoy meeting new people and making new friends!
DO I HAVE TIME?
Yes! We have spent the past 5 years building up our team and are now starting to see the rewards. We work hard to be the best, but we are also SUPER flexible with student schedules! We can work with ANYONE! Just ask us!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SPEECH?
- Critical thinking skills. Students involved in Speech & Debate develop higher-level thinking skills through application, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and creativity. They come to understand whatthey believe about the issues that confront them in our culture and why.
- Increased problem-solving abilities and overall academic performance. Speech & Debate students score higher on standardized tests including the SAT, ACT, and AP.
- Research skills. Speech & Debate students learn more about their world and the policies and value system that affect them and their communities as a whole.
- Critical listening skills
- Think quickly on their feet
- Confidence under pressure
- Present compelling responses to difficult questions
- Best of all: Life-long friendships!