Get the Most Out of Your Membership
It all begins with you. As a strong member of your chapter, you enhance the reputation and effectiveness of your organization. An effective chapter is an asset to the school and promotes a positive school climate. A strong school builds a strong community and world.
Here’s how to be a strong member:
· Attend and participate in all chapter meetings.
· Participate in and support all chapter projects throughout the year, whether these involve service, fundraising, leadership and training, or other outreach to the school or community.
· Promote service through your individual service projects activities and by supporting service activities done by other groups both at school and in the community.
· Assume a leadership role in the chapter. Consider running for office, serving as a committee chair, or volunteering for a specific responsibility at least once each year. Respect and support other chapter leaders in their duties and responsibilities.
· Welcome new members to help each of them become an active part of the chapter quickly.
· Read and respond to all paperwork or other administrative requests in a timely and appropriate manner. Adhere to deadlines.
· Communicate effectively. Share ideas and information about chapter activities whenever possible. Be a good listener and a strong oral and written communicator.
· Motivate others and yourself to get involved and remain engaged to support your chapter’s activities. Help all students find one activity that they can become involved in to enhance their experience at school.
· Be a good role model. You are an ambassador of your chapter and the national organization. Each member represents the Honor Society and retains a responsibility to reflect the values of the organization in all that he or she does.