Financial Aid FAFSA Information
The Financial Aid Department at many colleges and universities recommend that students complete the FAFSA form online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
As of October 1st, the 2022-2023 FAFSA application is available. Completing the FAFSA is the first step in the college financial aid process. This is a required form for any student seeking federal aid. We encourage all students to fill this out regardless of income. Many colleges require students receiving scholarship funds to complete a FAFSA. Additionally, some families complete a FAFSA in order to get access to unsubsidized federal loan funds that are not income dependent.
- FAFSA website
- Tips to Get You Started
- FAFSA Help Page
- 7 Things You Need Before Filling Out the FAFSA Form Link
- 8 Steps to Completing the FAFSA Form Link
- MN Goes to College FAFSA & Dream Act Resources
- 12th grade College Prep Checklists Link
- FAFSA Tips & Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Questions? Call FAFSA: 1-800-433-3243 or the Financial Aid Office at the college you are applying to
One helpful resource is the documentary called Borrowed Future How Student Loans are Killing The American Dream.